DNP and MSN Program Information Apply Now | Request Info
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
DNP Program Overview
The Doctor of Nursing Practice places emphasis on clinical practice and leadership training. The DNP is instrumental in advancing a clinical nursing career. Cleveland State University’s DNP program uniquely prepares graduates to obtain the doctorate degree through the post baccalaureate degree and post masters degree entry points. The program provides the necessary coursework to obtain nurse practitioner certifications. Students have the option of choosing from two certification tracks: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP). A Health Systems Leadership track is available for students with an post masters in nursing degree.
- Synthesize knowledge derived from nursing science from other scientific disciplines as the basis for advanced nursing practice and innovative approaches to improve the health of individuals, aggregates and populations. (AACN Essential 1: Scientific Underpinnings for Practice; Essential #7: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving the Nation’s Health; Essential #8: Advanced Nursing Practice.)
- Employ organizational and systems leadership to improve the quality and safety of individuals, aggregates, and populations. (AACN Essential 2: Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement and Systems Thinking.)
- Integrate clinical scholarship and utilization of analytical methods to identify best nursing practices. (AACN Essential 3: Clinical Scholarship and Analytical Methods for Evidence-Based Practice.)
- Demonstrate leadership in the systems level evaluation, development, and implementation of information systems and related technologies for healthcare delivery that optimize outcomes for individuals, aggregates, and populations. (AACN Essential 4: Information Systems/Technology and Patient Care Technology for the Improvement and Transformation of Health Care.)
- Engage in advocacy by influencing policy throughout the various stages of the policy-making process at the institutional, local, state, national and/or global levels. (AACN Essential 5: Health Care Policy for Advocacy in Health Care.)
- Facilitate collaboration among inter-professional teams to ensure high-quality patient, system or population health outcomes. (AACN Essential 6: Inter-professional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population Health Outcomes.)
In addition, the NOPF and AONE standards that apply to the BSN-DNP Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner tracks as well as the MSN-DNP Health Systems leadership tracks are integrated throughout the curriculum and course objectives.
Specialization Tracks for the Doctor of Nursing Practice
|Post Baccalaureate to DNP : Family Nurse Practitioner|
|Post Baccalaureate to DNP : Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner|
|Post Masters to DNP : Health Systems Leadership|
MSN Program Overview
The Online Master of Science in Nursing program in Cleveland State University’s School of Nursing has been ranked number 3 in the state of Ohio and 47th nationally according to the U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 list of the Best Online Degree Programs. The MSN @ CSU is based on the principles of population health and is designed to prepare graduates with advanced knowledge, competencies, and skills in the nursing care of populations (aggregates). The graduate will have in-depth skills in population assessment, demography, epidemiological assessment and data analysis, evaluation of research, survey research, data projections, cost-benefit analysis, and the ability to apply nursing theory, population theory, ethics, cultural awareness, and political strategies to design, implement, and evaluate population health programs. Students may select from four tracks available, according to their interests and professional goals.
Specialization Tracks for the MSN program
|Clinical Nurse Leader|
Out of State Students - Important Information
Please click here for a list of states where CSU School of Nursing cannot accept students into our online programs. This list is updated as new information is available.
Graduate Assistantship Postitions Available!
Contact Dr. Adedipe for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
NON-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENTCleveland State University is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and education. No person at the university will be denied opportunity for employment or education or be subject to discrimination in any project, program, or activity because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, disabled veteran, Vietnam era veteran and/or other protected veteran status.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master's degree program in nursing at Cleveland State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Cleveland State University is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.