Admission to Major
Any student who has been accepted by Cleveland State University and who is in good academic standing can choose to major in Health Sciences Associates Degree Completion Track, General Interest Track, Health Promotions Track, Pre-Physician Assitant Science Track, Pre-Physical Therapy Track, Pre-Occupational Therapy Track and Urban Health Concentration.
Admission to the Pre-Therapy Track
Students who meet one of the following criteria may declare the Health Sciences Pre-Therapy Track as their major.
Freshmen who meet the following requirements may declare the Health Sciences Pre-Therapy Track (pre-OT or pre-PT) as their major upon admission to CSU:
- ACT 24 or SAT of 1180 or
- Accepted into CSU's Honors or Scholars Programs OR
- Students who have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours of postsecondary education at CSU may declare the Health Sciences Pre-Therapy Track (pre-OT or pre-PT) as their major if they have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at CSU OR
- Transfer students who have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours of postsecondary education at another accredited institution may declare Health Sciences Pre‐Therapy Track as their major upon admission if they have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. The Registrar's Office calculates cumulative GPAs as part of the admission's process.
Degree Completion Requirements
Students wishing to complete a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Sciences must complete the following requirements:
- All Degree Requirements of the College of Science: A minimum of 120 credit hours is required for a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree, of which 42 semester credit hours must be earned in 300- and/or 400-level courses. Introduction to University Life (1 credit hour) is required for all newly admitted freshmen (not required for transfer students).
- All General Education Requirements: All degree-seeking students are required to meet general education requirements. Students are responsible for ensuring that courses chosen satisfy these requirements and are encouraged to consult with their College academic advisor. For a comprehensive description of the General Education Requirements effective Fall 2008, please refer to http://www.csuohio.edu/academic/gened. For General Education Pre-Fall 2008 Guidelines please refer to http://www.csuohio.edu/academic/gened.
- All Major Requirements: Students in any BSHS track must complete 13 credit hours of core coursework and 51 credit hours of a designated curriculum which includes a 3 credit hour capstone.
View Health Science Tracks and requirements here.