COMMUNITY HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM
Specialization leading to a Education, M.Ed. degree.
Thirty-one credit hours leading to a degree.
The Master of Education in Community Health Promotion program provides a multidisciplinary approach designed to prepare professionals from diverse backgrounds who are interested in careers in health promotion roles. A variety of undergraduate majors (e.g., allied health, community health, healthcare administration, nursing, physical education, psychology, social work, sociology) and two years of prior work experience in a related role may prepare students for acceptance into this program and future employment opportunities in this professional field. The CSU Community Health Promotion program will engage students with the comprehensive set of Competencies and Sub-competencies at both the CHES and MCHES levels.
All students applying to the Master of Education in Community Health must:
- Apply for admission to Cleveland State University
- Must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and two years of health related work experience.
- Must submit a resume and personal statement detailing their work experience in a health related field.
- Must meet with an advisor to design a program of study
- HED 550 - Theories In Health Education & Health Behavior
- HED 555 - Health Promotion Delivery Strategies
- HED 565 - Fiscal Development and Grants Management
- HED 601 - Methods and Techniques of Research/ Evaluation
(choose 18 credits from below)
- HSC 505 - Culture & Health Care
- HSC 541 - Environmental Health
- HED 561 - Methods & Materials For Health Education
- HED 571 - Substance Abuse Education
- HED 573 - Teaching Human Sexuality
- HED 574 - Stress Management
- HED 577 - Social Issues & Needs In Nutrition
- HED 584 - Food Politics and Obesity
- HED 585 - Worksite Health Promotion
- HED 586 - Consumer Health and Advocacy
- HED 588 - Ethics and Health Behavior
- HED 592 - Health Literacy and Health Care
Interested students should fill out the Request Information form and indicate their preference for Master of Education in Community Health. For additional information, contact:
Department of Health Sciences and Human Performance
Cleveland State University
College of Health
2485 Euclid Avenue, JH 164
Cleveland, OH 44115