This 18-credit certificate will enable students to acquire the knowledge and skills needed by health and wellness coaches. Using a patient-centered approach, this curriculum provides students a role within the interdisciplinary health care team and collaborative. Coursework emphasizes communication skills, ethical practices, facilitating behavior change, disease management, healing for better health, application of skills and a 3-credit practicum experience with a practicing health coach.
- HSC / HED 414 - Foundations of Health Coaching
- HSC / HED 420 - Health Coaching and Disease Prevention
- HSC / HED 425 - Health, Disease and Healing
- HED 450 - Facilitating Behavior Change
- HSC / HED 458 - Application of Health Coaching Skills
- HSC 486 - Cooperative Education Career Experience
Contact the Department of Health Sciences and Human Performance for further information by emailing Dr. Manuella Crawley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-687-4870 for an appointment.